What's Up With Xbox Media Center

April 26, 2005

Xbmc Changelog Update

Seems like Xbmc development has ramped up a little on the New Features side. Browsing through the change log I've found some exciting changes and additions, here's a few to whet your whistle.

  • added: audioscrobbler support
  • added: option to disable music visualisation
  • added: Proxy support for shoutcast thanks to soepy
  • added: Music is muted 9dB on ffwd/rewd with mp3 player
  • added: Python bindings for built in XBMC functions
  • fixed: Double tap remote bug

There's some great stuff in there. One of my favorites is Audioscrobbler support. Audioscrobbler provides an API to let developers make plugins for audio players that will report what songs you listen to. The result is a nice formatted stats page of your listening habits. This allows you to find other people with the same taste in music and then find new bands you might have missed before. It also provides a nice RSS feed for your last few songs listened to. Check out my stats page to see what they're doing. Also, the double tap remote bug seems to be fixed. I'll believe it when I see it. I can't wait to get my hands on a new build to check it out. That bug drives me nuts!

The other thing thats been popping up all over the change log is tons of dvd player development. Lots of changes, fixes, and additions. Its nice to see full blown development being done on this great feature. Hopefully it will be ready to go soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home