What's Up With Xbox Media Center

March 10, 2005

Project Mayhem III Preview

ChokeManiac has posted a preview of Project Mayhem III. Click below for a little taste of what is to come.

PM3 Main ScreenPM3 Games

PM3 MoviesPM3 Weather



My initial thoughts are amazement. It looks like a very clean and thought out skin. I'm curious to see how well list view looks closed in like that. I use list view mainly for Tv and music. I'm not the biggest fan of dark skins. I feel that they give a "techy" feel to Xbmc and are not as inviting to other users, making them feel like Xbmc is hard to use or a hack. They just don't have that user friendliness that something Xbmc needs. Also, I'm once again baffled that this skin doesn't brand Xbmc with its official logo. At least it says Xbox Media Center on its home screen though. You got it Xbmc, flaunt it!

Overall its really great work from ChokeManiac. He's taken a lot of time with this one, and I think its going to be very popular. I can't wait to see it on my Tv screen!

More shots and official preview thread here

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home