What's Up With Xbox Media Center

November 27, 2004

Flickr on Xbmc

I've been using Flickr for a while now, and I find it to be THE best photo service available. There are so many ways to share your photos and to add your photos. Cameraphone, email, uploaders, iPhoto plugin, you name it, they got it. One of the reasons is because their API is so open. Their API is available almost every which way you want. Which leads me to my suggestion.

How about a Flickr script for Xbmc?

Not only would it be not to hard to implement, but it would be an amazing addtion to Xbmc. I'd love to see it have the ability to input a username. You could just punch in a name and bring up your buddy's photos, while keeping a default username on launch, Yours!

So if any python hacker is looking for a new script that would add a lot to Xbmc, here's your chance!

I ended up making this myself. Check it out at my main site: [flickr for xbmc]

Flickr API
Python Flickr Lib
Xbmc Forums Thread

2 Comments:

  • Any joy with your XBMC plugin?

    By Blogger Boback, at 2:04 PM  

  • I'm actually working on one, and have it almost finished, i'll have some free time soon, and its first on the list of all my projects.

    http://flickr.com/photos/maddox/6719520/

    By Blogger Jon, at 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home