What's Up With Xbox Media Center

November 23, 2005

Big Pimpin: Revise User Interface Text

Xbmc has great multilingual support. Because of that, we can take advantage of the language files that are used to present text in the user interface. So if you'd like a word to be displayed differently, its simple.

Find your language file inside of your Xbmc install. They're located in /xbmc/language. Pick your language, I picked English. Inside this folder you'll find strings.xml. This file has every word used by Xbmc by its user interface. Find the word you want changed, change it, and save it. Done!

For example, I hate that it says "My Programs" on the home screen. Since I use this view primarily for games and emulators, I'd rather it say "My Games". So I changed it:

<string><id>0</id><value>My Programs</value></string>

changes to

<string><id>0</id><value>My Games</value></string>


Pretty simple eh?

1 Comments:

  • This is big. This is amazing. I had all but given up until I found your blog. Big thanks.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home