What's Up With Xbox Media Center

October 17, 2005

How-To Announcement

Ok, I have to admit that I haven't contributed as much as I wanted to when I first started this site. I started it to share all the cool things that I knew about Xbox media center with everyone else. The problem is that I took a wrong turn in assuming that everyone already knew a ton about it as well as knowing all of the other places to get the info. So what happened is that I had barely any content on here.

Well times are a changin'. I'm taking a new approach here and am going to stir up some good content. Content for newbies and veterans alike. It came to my attention the other day that people all over the place are installing Xbmc for the first time every day. So I'm gonna show you guys a thing or too. It may be new tricks to you, and thats great. Or you may have been doing them forever, in that case, comment on how you do things.

I'm going to break the how-tos into a couple categories.

Big Pimpin' - Dedicated to making your Xbmc look as cool as you can
Function Junction - Learn to make functional changes with Xbmc to suit your needs
Feature Focus - Learn things about Xbox media center even your big brother couldn't teach you

The goal here is to let out some of the secrets of Xbmc and get everyone's setup as nice as possible.

4 Comments:

  • keep up the good work! some of us just don't have the time to keep up with Changelogs and installing new CVS builds just to see what's new.

    As far as I'm concerned, most content is good content. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:59 PM  

  • Thanks. Yah check it out and report back. I'm curious about what "filtering" goes on. Does it just sort it to the top, or does it just NOT show the videos at all?

    This is a perfect example of why we need a TV section seperate from Movies.

    Flter by watched is obviously a tv show feature... but since its in the VIDEOS seciton, my movies will be filtered like that too.. and I'd have to turn it off for movies, annoying.

    Check out my other thoughts..

    Is It Time for a My Tv Section in Xbmc?

    By Blogger Jon, at 12:42 AM  

  • Perfect! Thanks for keeping up the good work. Actually I don't think a My TV section is neccessary. But it would be nice to put flags anywhere in the menues. Something like the keep focus funtion is doing right now (just working while the XBox is powered as it'S not saving these settings) but with colors.

    Enable an option in the settings, and the last "played" object will be tagged with an icon or with a color, so the next time you switch into that directory, you can see where you left. Or push the white button and set a flag manually. Don't think this would be too much work, would it?

    Cheers,

    /the_addict

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 AM  

  • Even if the updates to this blog have been rare, they have been always very informational and good heads-ups to new features and such. Big thanks for your efforts and keep up the good work indeed! Of course more frequent updates definately wont hurt. :)

    XBMC rocks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home