What's Up With Xbox Media Center

March 18, 2006

Long Time No See

So its been a while since I've posted anything. So I thought I'd just post some tidbits going around. Two big things really and one very interesting one.

First, Xbmc has entered a code freeze and bug bash to get ready for version 2.0. WOO HOO! This is a huge milestone and everyone waiting for 1.2 can surely agree that reving it to 2.0 is very warranted. Its never been better.

Second, there's a new skin on the block, and its an homage to the Xbox 360 interface. You can find more information about it here http://blackbolt.xbox-scene.com/. A lot of work has gone into it, and big members are working on it. I can't say that I like it better than PMIII but I'll just have to wait like the rest of you guys. Personally it feels more like a gamer oriented theme for Xbmc than a multimedia theme. So if you use your Xbox mainly to play games, but use Xbmc as a dashboard, this will be great for you. If you're like me and you use your Xbox almost entirely as a multimedia frontend for your home theater, then I'd stick with PMIII.

And finally, speaking of the Xbox 360, It looks like no less than 4 months after its release, it has been hacked. Its using the same method that was recently released for the Xbox. The firmware for the dvd drive has been flashed to allow backups to be booted. It won't boot homebrew code, but it WILL play backups.

So there you have it, my little update. I'll try to get some new How-Tos up soon.

3 Comments:

  • Welcome back! I enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the updates!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:29 PM  

  • I have to say I think PMIII is ugly.
    Ceomr Media Center is nice tho!
    http://www.allxboxskins.com/skins/index.php?app=XBMC&cat=&ps=&pageno=&id=10642

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 AM  

  • Proactiv

    Buy Proactiv Solution here and get 50% off.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home